Etherjazz has been on the leading edge of web site design and development since it was launched in 1999. Steve Carr, the owner and principal designer of the company, has over 40 years of experience in information technology projects ranging from programming to project management.
He is also experienced in business process improvement, and believes it is essential that a web site be designed to integrate with and enhance an organization's business processes.
Our core values are:
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Honest and open communications with our customers
- Maintaining expertise with the latest technological developments
- Managing projects effectively to avoid scope creep and cost overruns
- Focusing on projects that can help make a difference in people’s lives
- A.A. in Electronic Engineering Technology, Santa Monica College, 1972
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, 1974
- Life Member - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Computer Society
ABOUT OUR NAME . . .
The name etherjazz (ˈē-thər-jaz) is a metaphor for what we do.
The "ether” part of our name refers to the Internet communications medium (think "ethernet"). The word ether is an old scientific term that described what scientists once thought was the medium in which light traveled.
The “jazz” part of our name describes what we want to achieve on the web. Jazz music is characterized by sophisticated harmony and interaction among the musicians. This is the like the harmony we try to create among the different elements (text, graphics, technology, etc) that make up a web site.
|Listen to "Breathless Jazz"|